To earn your rewards, simply do the following activities and transactions in your Kasasa Saver account each monthly qualification cycle:
- Have at least 12 debit card purchases post and settle
- Be enrolled and receive eStatement notice
If you don't meet the qualifications, don't worry. There's no penalty and both accounts are still free and earn our base rate interest. Plus, you can get back to earning the full rewards the very next month.
Qualification Information: Account transactions and activities may take one or more days to post and settle to the account and all must do so during the Monthly Qualification Cycle in order to qualify for the account's rewards. The following activities do not count toward earning account rewards: ATM-processed transactions, transfers between accounts, debit card purchases processed by merchants and received by Pioneer Bank as ATM transactions, signature based transactions, non-retail payment transactions and purchases made with non-Pioneer Bank issued debit cards. Only debit card transactions processed by merchants and received by the bank as POS transactions count towards qualifying debit card transactions. "Monthly Qualification Cycle" means a period beginning one (1) day prior to the first day of the current statement cycle through one (1) day prior to the close of the current statement cycle.
Reward Information: When your Kasasa Cash account qualifications are met during a Monthly Qualification Cycle, the following rewards will be distributed to your account(s):
(1) Kasasa Saver: all balances receive an APY of 0.75%. If qualifications are met each monthly qualification cycle the Kasasa Saver interest rate tiers are as follows: 0.75% interest rate applies to all balances. If qualifications are not met each monthly qualification cycle a 0.05% interest rate applies to all balances.
(2) Kasasa Cash: (a) balances up to $10,000 receive a non-compounding APY* of 2.51%; and balances over $10,000 earn 0.25% interest rate on portion of balance over $10,000, resulting in a non-compounding APY* range of 2.51% to 0.46%, depending on the account's balance and (b) reimbursements up to $25 ($4.99 per single transaction) for nationwide ATM fees incurred during the Monthly Qualification Cycle in which you qualified. ATM receipt must be presented within thirty (30) calendar days of transaction for reimbursements of individual ATM fees of $5 or higher
When Kasasa Cash qualifications are not met, all balances in the Kasasa Saver earn 0.05% APY and all balances in the Kasasa Cash account earns a non-compounding APY* of 0.05% and ATM fees are not reimbursed. If qualifications are met each monthly qualification cycle the interest rate tiers are as follows: 2.48% interest rate applies to balances of $0.01 - $10,000 and .25% interest rate applies to balances over $10,000. If qualifications are not met each monthly qualification cycle a 0.05% interest rate applies to all balances. Interest and ATM fee reimbursements will be credited to the appropriate account on the last day of the statement cycle. *When linked to the Kasasa Saver account, the interest earned within the Kasasa Cash account does not compound since it is automatically transferred to the Kasasa Saver account within one day. Actual interest amount paid may be less than advertised Kasasa Cash APY* if represented without a linked Kasasa Saver account because of non-compounding. Note: Automatic transfer may cause an overdraft to your Kasasa Cash account, if the account's balance is less than the transferred amount when transfer occurs.
APY = Annual Percentage Yield. APYs accurate as of 02/12/2015. Rates and rewards are variable and may change after account is opened. Fees may reduce earnings.
Additional Information: Account approval, conditions, qualifications, limits, timeframes, enrollments, log-ons and other requirements apply. The minimum deposit is required to open these accounts are $1 for Kasasa Cash and $50 for Kasasa Saver. Direct Deposit is a condition of the Kasasa Cash account. Enrollment in electronic statements is required to meet the account's qualifications. Limit 1 account per social security number. A Kasasa Cash account is required to have a Kasasa Saver account. A linked Kasasa Saver account is required for automatic savings. There are no recurring monthly service charges or fees to open or close this account. Contact a Pioneer Bank service representative for additional information, details, restrictions, processing limitations and enrollment instructions. Member FDIC. Kasasa, Kasasa Cash and Kasasa Saver are trademarks of BancVue, Ltd., registered in the U.S.A.
Checking and Savings Features
- Accounts closed between statement cycles will not receive accrued interest.
- Transfers from savings accounts to another account or to third parties by preauthorized, automatic, telephone transfer, check, or draft are limited to six per statement cycle.
- The average daily balance method is used to calculate the interest on your account. This method applies a periodic rate to the average daily balance in the account for this period.
- Interest on non-cash deposits begins to accrue no later than the next business day after the deposit (for example, checks).
- The interest rate and annual percentage yield may change at the Bank's discretion as often as daily. Rates may change after the account is opened.
- Fees, penalties, service charges and withdrawal of earned interest may reduce earnings.
- Earnings credit is determined at the Bank's discretion and may change at any time.
- Overdraft fees apply to overdrafts created by check, in-person withdrawal, ATM withdrawal, automatic payment, or other electronic means.
- No account service charge fees will be assessed to individuals under age 18 or to legally formed non-profit entities who elect to hold Simple Checking and/or Regular Savings accounts. Service charges will begin automatically on the statement cycle following an individual's 18th birthday.
- Free debit card for minors on Simple Checking until age 18. Automatic annual fee begins July 1st following 18th birthday.
- The $1 per statement Paper Statement Fee will not be assessed to Kasasa accounts, Thrift Savings accounts, HSAs, or IRAs. The Paper Statement Fee will also not be assessed to individuals under the age of 18 or legally formed non-profit entities who elect to hold Simple Checking and/or Regular Savings accounts. The Paper Statement Fee will begin automatically on the statement cycle following an individual's 18th birthday.
- Fee for closing an account during the first six months does not apply to Thrift Savings and Kasasa accounts.
- A continuous overdraft fee will be charged to your account on the beginning of the 3rd business day after your account goes negative.